Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A letter to the phone company

Dear Cincinnati Bell,

Normally we text each other but for some reason I decided to call my husband today to discuss dinner since I was very late leaving work. Imagine my surprise when I called home and got voice mail.

Being that I never recorded an answering machine greeting, it's a strange male-like voice that should have answered. Once I received a female greeting, I knew something was up. I've never used your voice mail service, and honestly have no idea how to even retrieve messages from it.

I suppose I should call you and complain about my phone being out, since I am paying you fuckers after all. It has been strangely peaceful the last few evenings, with no one calling me to ask for money that I don't have to give. Maybe I don't need a land line after all, thanks for the great service!

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to know that they're error has made you realize you don't really need them. Land lines are overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have a landline so that I can call 911 and not be put on hold (yes, that happens in L.A.) I never answer it b/c i know it has to be a telemarketer and they literally make me nuts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate voice mail too, sucks when I need to use my fax, and can't! We did not want it either, but evidently it came with the 'Package'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I turn my cell phone off for days at a time. The sweet sound of silence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday, I recieved a phone call from a bank, that asked if I was the DeYoung in charge of McCormack Place in Chicago.. With sense of humor intact, I asked her if I was- why was I sitting in my robe in Grand Rapids, MI on a Monday morning? She seemed to find the humor in the situation too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to cancel my landline phone and I am so happy to do so. All I get is telemarketers and other organizations asking for money. Believe me I don't have any money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Voicemail is okay, but I loathe call waiting. What better way to tell the person your talking to, "hold on, I may have someone more interesting on the other line"?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look, I love you and feel your pain but I am pissing myself laughing :)))

    ReplyDelete