Wednesday, May 19, 2010

And whose idea was this detox program anyway?

I know what you're thinking - Hoodchick and detox? Oh wow, did she go into rehab? Hell no! I'm a little off my rocker but definitely not that far gone.

I came up with this brilliant idea that Bestie and I should do a detox program. And she's enough of a sucker to go along with it. Basically you mix some noxious concoction up with 32 oz of water. You drink one of these every day for 7 days. And it cleanses all the toxins from your system. Well, except for the booze and cigarettes and stuff. Sounds like a good idea, get all the bad stuff out of your body, right?

Let's just say it's not a pleasant experience. When you have to go, you have to go. And I mean right now. Sitting in a meeting with your boss? So sorry, I need to leave. I know you're talking about company strategy and all, but I have some toxins ready to explode from me.

Taking your dog for a nice, long hike through the woods? Oh crap. Literally. Hope that wasn't poison ivy. Feeling embarrassed for me? Don't be. Thankfully I stayed out of the woods that week!

6 comments:

  1. it doesn't sound very appealing so I think I will stick with my wine and cigarette routine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alcohol rehab is entirely important especially for those people drowned with the use of alcohol. This often-abused substance is increasingly and rampantly affecting a number of ordinary and notable people. Seeing through how their lives being affected by alcohol makes you realize of the number reasons to stay away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to see you now, while you're not full of poison.

    BTW -- E sent me a link for a terrific blog post: http://kate-growthspurt.blogspot.com/ if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But it'll be fun getting toxed up again.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brightened a very gloomy office when I read this. You are so honest and so very right! I have done the detox thing and I thought I would die until the stuff I drank left my system. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! What detox program are you doing?? I'm curious now...

    ReplyDelete